Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples (UPIP)
YOUTH/ELDER EAGLE PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE YOUTH/ELDER EAGLE PROGRAM?
The Youth/Elder Eagle Program is dedicated to the late Norbert Thomas (Tom) Eagle. Tom's passion was for the mentorship of youth. "Mentor our youth today and empower them to become leaders of tomorrow."
The Goals of the Youth/Elder Eagle Program are:
1) To increase Youth Engagement
2) To foster Youth Empowerment
3) To create opportunities for Youth to explore their personal and cultural identities
4) To develop and maintain effective partnerships
5) To increase awareness of the important role that Youth and Elders play within our community and the gifts they have to share
WHAT ARE SEASONAL ADVISORY GATHERINGS?
Seasonal Advisory Gatherings bring together Youth, Elders and Community Partners to integrate their voices, perspectives, and expertise into programming offered through the Tree of Peace Friendship Centre's Youth/Elder Eagle Program. These gatherings are instrumental in guiding the direction of the program.