Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples (UPIP)
YOUTH/ELDER EAGLE PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE YOUTH/ELDER EAGLE PROGRAM?
The Youth/Elder Eagle Program is dedicated to the late Norbert Thomas (Tom) Eagle. Tom was responsible in the development of Friendship Centre's at the National, Provincial and Territorial levels. Tom's passion was for the mentorship of youth. "Mentor our youth today and empower them to become leaders of tomorrow."
The Goals of the Youth/Elder Eagle Program are:
1) To increase Youth Engagement
2) To foster Youth Empowerment
3) To create opportunities for Youth to explore their personal and cultural identities
4) To develop and maintain effective partnerships
5) To increase awareness of the important role that Youth and Elders play within our community and the gifts they have to share
WHAT IS THE YOUTH & ELDER ADVISORY COMMITTEE?
The Youth and Elder Culture Committee is a group of Youth and Elders who meet on a quarterly (once in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter) to integrate their voices, perspectives, and expertise into programming offered through the Tree of Peace Friendship Centre's Youth/Elder Eagle Program.